Pet Policies & Guidelines
The entire staff at Port Royal welcomes you and your pet and wants to ensure that you, your pet, and family members, have a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us.
We ask that the measures listed below be observed and agreed to in the interest of your pet, our employees, and our other guests and visitors.
- Your pet is also our guest. Please register your pet at the front desk upon arrival and display a pet door sign on your guestroom doorknob at all times.
- Your pet should be fully trained. You are expected to clean up after your pet. Pet stations with litter bags are positioned on the north and south side of the building as well as the designated dog park on the west side of the building. You are responsible for your pet at all times and expected to supervise your pet.
- You should arrange a suitable time for the housekeeping staff to service your room each day between the hours of 9AM and 1PM. During that time, your pet should be with you, either in the room or outside having fun.
- We will provide “pet” sheets and towels to cover the furniture and wipe down your pet. These towels are specifically for your pet and should not be confused with “guest” towels. It is recommended that you bring your pet’s bed or blanket, but in the event you forget one, please use the “pet” sheets or towels.
- You must report any “accident” that might occur in hallways, public areas, or your room, so that our staff may attend to it promptly.
- Your pet must be leashed at all times outside of your guestroom – upon your arrival, in elevators and hallways and in all other areas of the resort where pets are allowed. Pets are not to be on balconies unattended. Your pet is not to be in any other guest room besides your own.
- Please be considerate of other guests by walking your pet on the beach, around the exterior of the buildings, or in the Port Royal designated pet area. Your pet is not allowed on the grassy areas at the immediate front of the building or inside the fenced pool area. Your pet is not allowed in any food and beverage areas or meeting rooms. These exclusions do not apply to service animals.
- Any disturbance such as barking must cease immediately to ensure that other guests are not inconvenienced. Should your pet become the unlikely subject of another guest’s complaint, you will likely be asked to have a sitter with your pet at all times or to board it elsewhere.
- Please do not leave your pet unattended in your vehicle or alone in your guestroom for any length of time.
- You are responsible for any property damage and/or personal injury caused by your pet. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Resort its owners and its operator from any claim, demand, or judgment associated with any damages attributable to your pet. The resort reserves the right to change your account commensurate with the estimated cost of such damage.
- You will be charged a fee of $25 per pet per day for up to 2 pets. This fee covers the costs of deep cleaning when you and your pet check out.
There are a few restrictions that must be followed:
- No Pets with a weight larger than 80 pounds.
- No variety or cross breed of any form of pit bull.
- No Doberman Pinschers.
- No Akitas or any cross breed of Akita.
- No Snakes.
- No pets that cannot be trusted to be friendly with all other pets and all people.
There will be a Pet Registration and Agreement Form to be signed at the time of check-in. Signing this form confirms that you have read the Pet Guidelines and Etiquette and both you and your pet will abide by the Port Royal pet policy.
“PURSUANT TO SECTION 30.07, PENAL CODE (TRESPASS BY LICENSE HOLDER WITH AN OPENLY CARRIED HANDGUN), A PERSON LICENSED UNDER SUBCHAPTER H, CHAPTER 411, GOVERNMENT CODE (HANDGUN LICENSING LAW), MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROPERTY WITH A HANDGUN THAT IS CARRIED OPENLY.”
“DE ACUERDO CON LA SECCIÓN 30.07 DEL CÓDIGO PENAL (INGRESO SIN AUTORIZACIÓN DE UN PORTADOR DE UNA LICENCIA PARA LLEVAR UN ARMA DE FUEGO CORTA ABIERTAMENTE), UNA PERSONA CON LICENCIA SEGÚN EL SUBCAPÍTULO H, CAPÍTULO 411 DEL CÓDIGO DEL GOBIERNO (LEY PARA PORTAR ARMAS DE FUEGO CORTAS), NO PUEDE INGRESAR A ESTA PROPIEDAD CON UNA ARMA DE FUEGO CORTA LLEVA ABIERTAMENTE.”