Last Updated May 20, 2020
At Port Royal, we’ve been in essential services mode since late March, and we’ve transitioned to Phase 2 on May 20.
For now, we can share the general direction for summer operations. We want to be a place for you to have fun and make memories with your family. We also want to be sure that our property and teams are set up to follow recommendations for distancing and safety measures.
Here’s how we have adjusted our operations:
Front Desk & Check-In Process
- We’re using a digital process so that all check-in and registration forms will be emailed to you and easily filled out on a phone or computer. Your welcome packet and keys will be provided at the Welcome Station upon arrival.
- All balances due will be charged to your credit card on file on the day of your arrival. If you wish to pay in advance, please call our reservation department at 1-800-242-1034.
- For any needs before or during your stay, please call our Front Desk at: 361-334-1121. When needed, our Front Desk Team has the ability to do face-to-face virtual conversations with guests using Zoom.
- As of May 20, our pool, hot tubs, and cabanas/tables are open.
- We’ll be using a reservations system for tables in our pool area. We’ve also doubled the number of tables that we have. This ensures that your family will have a clean and dedicated place to put your belongings and enjoy the day together. (If you’ve already made a reservation, our team will be in touch soon with details.) Click Here to see our Pool Area & Hot Tub Policy
- Wristbands will be required for access to the pool area. To ensure compliance with 50% activity level limits, off-property guests will not be allowed during Phase 2.
- Under current government regulations, hot tubs should not have more than 10 occupants total, and households should be 6 feet apart.
- Slide participants will wait on the designated lines that are distanced 6’ apart while waiting in line. A Pool Attendant will be posted at the bottom of the slide during open hours (9am – 5pm) to measure slide riders to ensure that the rider meets the minimum height requirement of 48”, and to dispatch riders.
- No groups larger than 10 are to congregate in any area, unless they all reside in the same household.
- During your stay, our Housekeeping team will not be offering full services. Instead, they will deliver care packages to your doorstep with fresh towels, linens, and supplies.
- If a full housekeeping service or maintenance request is needed, it can be scheduled through the Front Desk. All occupants must leave the suite during cleaning or service. (Click here to read our Essential Repairs Policy for Facilities Maintenance)
- Between guest stays, all condo suites are cleaned according to our checklists and inspected by a supervisor. Linens/towels are removed and cleaned, and hard surfaces are disinfected.
Food & Beverage Service
- Food and beverage service will be provided via delivery to your suite or pool table. Orders may be placed through our app or with a team member.
- Cash will not be accepted in the pool area. You may contact the Front Desk to deposit cash on your guest account so that room charges can be applied against it.
- Our dedicated Safety Manager continues to monitor the advice of our state and local government officials, the Center for Disease Control, and the World Health Organization. Each day at 3pm, our Task Force meets virtually to address updates and continually adjust our operational processes.
- We have implemented Employee Daily Self Screenings and PPE policies to ensure best practices for distancing and safety are being followed. (Click Here to Read our Employee Self Screenings Policy and Click Here to Read our Employee PPE Policy)
- Our staff are provided sick days and paid time off to help them overcome illnesses or care for family members. Any employees returning to property after an illness are required to provide a doctor’s release and participate in a safety screening.
- We’ve implemented “Code Scrub,” where all team members are asked to pause and wash their hands or use hand sanitizer multiple times per day.
Our teams are focused on getting property ready, training, and triple-checking our plans and procedures to be sure we’re on track.
We’re working hard to be Port Royal Strong so that you can focus on Family Fun!