Port Aransas, TX
Salary: $10.50 /hour
Position Title: Guest Service Agent (GSA)
Department: Resort Operations
Accountable to: Guest Services Manager
Primary Objective of Position:
To increase guest satisfaction by providing efficient and courteous service in accordance with Port Royal’s standards.
Major Areas of Accountability
1. Meets and exceeds guest and team member expectations by providing positive and courteous service and teamwork.
· Provides value added service to guests by doing whatever reasonable and possible to meet or exceed guest expectations
· Ensures that guest’s mail and messages are delivered promptly
· Communicates effectively with guests, supervisors and co-workers
· Demonstrates teamwork by cooperating and assisting co-workers as needed
· Handles difficult situations effectively
· Performs other duties as required to provide positive and courteous service and teamwork
2. Provides quality service to guests by responding to their requests promptly, courteously and efficiently
· Responds to guests requests for information about Port Royal.
· Assists in arranging special services requested by the guest.
· Stays current with developments at Port Royal by reviewing the communication log book of each shift; updates log book for the next shift.
· Arranges fulfillment of guest services by working with the Guest Services Staff, Sales/Catering, Housekeeping, Reservations, Front Desk, Food & Beverage and Facilities Departments.
· Assists with the set-up and breakdown, including clean-up of all meeting/banquet rooms.
· Patrols the property to ensure guest, owner and employee safety.
· Reports any hazards or injuries (accident reports, incident reports, missing item reports, etc.) at Port Royal and takes immediate action to correct.
4. Handles guest complaints; refers to Front Desk Manager whenever necessary
5. Demonstrates knowledge of Port Royal accommodations, guest services and attractions
6. Adheres to Port Royal policies and procedures.
· Attends work on the time as scheduled.
· Follows Port Royal’s grooming and dress standards.
· Minimizes safety hazards by following all safety rules and procedures.
7. Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
8. Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
9. Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate.
10. At all times projects a favorable image of Port Royal Homeowner Association to the public.
We conduct background and drug testing for all final candidates offered a position,