Visit the Texas State Aquarium
Come. Sea. Discover the amazing underwater world of the Texas State Aquarium. Travel an aquatic journey from the shore to the depths of the Gulf of Mexico and have the opportunity to experience dive shows, animal feedings, training sessions, and “hands on” programs with sharks and stingrays. Thousands of animals representing over 250 species, displayed in entertaining and educational exhibits, are ready to enchant, entertain and inspire you. Get a backstage pass! Experience an incredible insider’s view of the Aquarium. Enjoy the animals and plants in front of the galleries, then follow an experienced guide and rediscover life behind the scenes. You’ll see where they care for animals, how they prepare food, and where they keep newcomers before they can be seen by the public. See miles of pipes and piles of pumps and filters working together to keep the animals and plants healthy. Plus, you”ll get to feed the fish! Each tour can accommodate a maximum of 12 people. Offered on a first-come, first-served basis. $7.00 Adult + Admission $7.00 Child + Admission Program Availability May 24 through August 31 11:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., Daily What exhibits are available at the Texas State Aquarium? Every visit to the Texas State Aquarium is a new and exciting discovery of animals that remind us all of our responsibility to those whose world we share. With a varity of indoor and outdoor exhibits, the aquarium can provide entertainment for the whole family no matter what the weather.
- Get up close and personal with Atlantic bottlenose dolphins from above and below the water in Dolphin Bay.
- Look to the skies as hawks, owls and falcons soar throughout the Hawn Wild Flight Theater.
- Visit the Islands of Steel exhibit, modeled after an offshore oil platform, where sharks and sea turtles live among schools of snapper, tarpon, redfish, jacks and grouper.
- Dare to enter the mysterious world of the Amazon rainforest and experience the exotic, the deadly and the fierce as you encounter poison-dart frogs, fresh-water stingrays and boa constrictors.
- Watch as sea turtles gracefully glide in the waters of Tortuga Cay and see North American river otters play the day away in Otter Creek.
- Stingray Lagoon, the newest indoor exhibit at the aquarium, has you touching and feeding over 30 sting rays
Make a SPLASH at the HEB Splash Park & Owens Paleo Park Located in the Texas State Aquarium is the HEB Splash Park, the first zero-depth wetscape water play area in the Coastal Bend! This marine-themed park features state-of-the-art water spray jets, interactive water features, water cannons, and more. Owens Paleo Park is a fossil dig site which allows guests to unearth fossilized remains of animals, such as the Giant ground sloth and the Saber toothed cat that roamed the Coastal Bend 13,000 years ago.