Spring Break 2019
It’s been a long Winter, but not to worry, the area’s Spring Break starts tomorrow, and we know you’re looking for a family friendly spring break vacation away from all the chaos. One of the area’s top attractions are the wonderful Port Aransas beaches. We have received many questions regarding the items allowed on the beach.
What you can’t bring to the beach
- Glass containers – glass is a safety issue on the beach. Shards of glass can later cut the bottom of someone’s foot.
- Pallets – bonfires are common on the beach, but pallets are prohibited during Spring Break.
- Litter – park officials will have more trash cans at the beach to make it easy to properly dispose of trash.
What you can bring to the beach
- Dogs – dogs must be on a leash at all times. Dogs are not allowed on a portion of North Packery Beach on Mustang Island.
- Canned beverages and food – just be sure to dispose of items properly.
- Bonfires -Fires should be no larger than 3’ x 3’ x 3’. Coals must be completely out before you leave the area and holes must be refilled with sand.
What you should bring
- A beach permit – Port Aransas and Corpus Christi beaches require beach permits for all vehicles. Permits are $12 and can be purchased at Stripes, H-E-B, Walmart and Nueces County Padre Balli Park Headquarters Office, among others.
- A change of clothes
- Trash bags – Trash cans often get full. Taking your own bag to dispose of once you leave the beach can help with beach clean-up.
Permits are needed for both Port Aransas and Corpus Christi beaches.
Funds from permit sales are reinvested into the beach to keep it clean and safe. The permits are valid until Dec. 31, 2019, the city’s website.
Where to get permits
- Port Aransas City Hall
- Family Center IGA (Port Aransas)
- H-E-B (Aransas Pass, Corpus Christi, Portland and Rockport)
- Walmart (Flour Bluff area and Aransas Pass)
- Academy Sports (Corpus Christi and Portland)
- Naval Air Station-Corpus Christi/ITT Department
- Corpus Christi Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Nueces County Padre Balli Park Headquarters Office
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
- CVS Pharmacy (North Padre Island location only)
- Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi (University Services)
- Central Cashiering at Corpus Christi City Hall
- CC Cycle Plaza (North Padre Island and S. Padre Island Drive)
- Circle K (Padre Island location only)
- Murphy Oil USA (Alice, Aransas Pass, Corpus Christi, Portland and Rockport)
I hope everyone enjoys their Spring Break!
Talk to you soon, Friends!